Friday 27 April 2012

Portfolio Ideas

I created two different portfolio ideas using illustrator, both took elements from ones that I had researched into, but I changed them to make them more identifiable to me.

Idea 1


This is the first idea that I had, I wanted to create something simple, but that showcased all the elements that needed to be included. I really like retro cartoon styles, so I wanted to include something that shows this. I found a poster image on the internet, and using the live trace, pen, tool and various other illustrator tools, I edited the image so that it would fit in my portfolio. My two favourite colours are blue and purple, so I also wanted to include these on the portfolio. I created a border using a number of different sized rectangles in alternate blue and purple colours. on the front cover and contents page, I place the border in the bottom left and top right hand corners as there was a lot of blank space, however, on the project brief pages I just placed the border in the bottom left corner, as I needed to fit a lot more text on these pages.











Idea 2

The second idea that I had was creating pages that looked like that of a sketchbook, or a scrap book. Using some of the portfolios that I had researched for inspiration, I created something that was quite basic in its layout, but communicated all the elements that needed to be included. I made the first page really simple, as I didn't want to add any unnecessary images to it that looked out of place. For the contents page, I thought that it would be a good idea to include some small samples of what is inside the portfolio as well as what page everything is on. For each of the project pages, again I kept the idea quite simple, and the colour scheme the same as all the other pages, featuring the project brief in a readable font as the main focus of the page.

I decided that out of the two ideas I had created that I would use idea 2 for my portfolio, as it looks better as title pages the idea 1, in idea 1 it looks like there is still something missing, or that more colour needs to be  included, they don't stand out as title pages for each project.






No comments:

Post a Comment